Relationship and Problem Prevention Skills
- What is an effective Parent?
- How can I accurately identify what is in my child’s behaviour?
- How does my child’s behaviour link to their needs?
- What are the 3 influences that move my child’s behaviour from ‘acceptable’ to ‘unacceptable’?
- When there is a problem, how do I know which communication skill to use?
- What do I do if there is a conflict?
- How do I expand the time with my family, where there are no problems?
- Can I stop problems from starting in the first place?
Helping Attitudes – Helping Skills – Active Listening
- How do I know my child has a problem they want to talk about?
- How do I help to keep my child talking?
- How do I resist taking on my child’s problems, so they can find their own solution?
- What are helping attitudes?
- What skills can I use to show my child I accept and understand them?
- What is active listening and how do I do it?
- What do I say to help my child resolve their problem, without taking charge?
- How do I mediate, without being drawn in, when my family are arguing?
- How can I be more assertive in my parenting?
- What do I do when I have a problem with my child’s behaviour?
- What’s the difference between a You-message and an I-message?
- Can I congruently tell my child I have a problem with their behaviour?
- What do I have to do to keep my child’s self-esteem intact?
- How do I deal with defensiveness?
- What do I say to ensure my message is received and understood?
- What do I do if the problem happens again?
Win/win Conflict Resolution Skills
- How do I feel about confrontation?
- What is the cost of using power and submission in my parenting?
- Can I influence my children more; and control them less?
- How do I manage my anger?
- Is there such a thing as win/win conflict resolution?
- How can we stop arguments and find solutions that work?
- What’s the difference between a solution and a need?
- What skills do I need to use Conflict Resolution with my family?
- How can our family make rules/decisions that work for everyone?
Values Collision/Influencing Skills
- What is the difference between a conflict of needs and a conflict of values?
- What are my values; and do I want to keep them?
- Am I separate enough from my child, to allow them to be different from me?
- Can I be a congruent parent?
- How do I start difficult conversations?
- How can I influence my child to adopt my values?
- How do we move from colliding values, towards accepting difference?