I will facilitate the group to ensure it is safe and supportive; and whilst the course participants will be expected to listen respectfully, they will also be encouraged to actively participate. As we explore what Emotional Intelligence looks like in practice, we will discover some ways that each of us can take away and apply to work immediately.
At the end of these workshops, you will:
- Realise the link between your feelings and how they affect what you think, do and say
- Know how to manage impulsive feelings and distressing emotions well
- (Re)explore your vision and values and use them to guide your decision making and clarify your choices
- Be attentive to emotional cues and learn how to listen well
- Increase your skills in persuasion and assertion to ensure relationships are mutually beneficial
Lots of focussed, useful thinking that can be transferred to useful, practical ways to self manage. Very engaging, very personal course delivery!
Good pace, very thought provoking – a good mix of theory, self assessment and discussion.
The handouts were good, for referring back to later
The practical exercise that helped me most was the writing out the emotional experience; and separating out the facts from the emotions. That has shifted a huge block and I will use that from now on for any difficult situation.
I like that it built my confidence, as I placed myself in a framework and worked out why it could be positive.
Approaching emotions can feel uncomfortably initially, but I felt safe very quickly.
I think this is an important course.
It was useful having the time to reflect on myself in what really feels like a warm and supportive environment. The pace and volume of work has been just perfect, which is rare for me!
It helped me identify empathy, both personally and in other people