Part 1, Personal Competences
Through a series of practical activities and small group discussions, participants will be able to increase their self-awareness by exploring different personality types; explore how they can best manage their emotions, so that they can be used appropriately; and discover some methods to maintain self-motivation, even when the going gets tough.
Part 2, Social Competences
With an increased understanding of your personal competence, this workshop will allow you to explore your social awareness and social skills so that you find your own authentic style of communicating. Participants will be able hone their social skills by working with empathy and using new active listening skills and through using assertive and empowering communication.
I will facilitate the group to ensure it is safe and supportive; and whilst the course participants will be expected to listen respectfully, they will also be encouraged to actively participate. As we explore what Emotional Intelligence looks like in practice, we will discover some ways that each of us can take away and apply to work immediately.
At the end of these workshops, you will:
- Realise the link between your feelings and how they affect what you think, do and say
- Know how to manage impulsive feelings and distressing emotions well
- (Re)explore your vision and values and use them to guide your decision making and clarify your choices
- Be attentive to emotional cues and learn how to listen well
- Increase your skills in persuasion and assertion to ensure relationships are mutually beneficial