Health & Safety Policy, Risk Assessment
This Policy is adapted from the Health & Safety Executive. It was reviewed in November 2023.
Part 1: Statement of Intent
Our Health and Safety Policy is to:
- Prevent accidents.
- Manage health and safety risks in the workplace.
- Provide clear instructions and information relating to health and safety to those visiting the work place.
- Maintain the workplace so that it is safe.
- Implement emergency procedures, including evacuation in case of fire or other significant incident.
- Review and revise this policy regularly.
Part 2: Responsibilities for health and safety
Andrea Rippon, has:
- Overall and final responsibility for health and safety.
- Day-to-day responsibility for ensuring this policy is put into practice.
- To ensure health and safety standards are maintained/improved.
All persons working with Stronger Relationships should co-operate with her on health and safety matters; take reasonable care of their own health and safety; and report all health and safety concerns to Andrea Rippon.
Part 3: Arrangements for Health and Safety
Company name: Stronger Relationships
Assessment carried out by: Andrea Rippon (AR)
|What are the hazards?||Who might be harmed and how?||What are you already doing to control the risks?||What further action do you need to take to control the risks?||Who needs to carry out the action?||When is the action needed by?||Done|
|Trip Hazards||Visitors: risk of fall, trip or slip||Keep steps, pathways and work space clear and accessible at all times.
Keep pathway and external steps clear of obstacles, ice and leaves.
Keep all areas well-lit in the dark.
Offer to accompany people down pathway if they require it.
|Make people visiting aware of risks.||AR||Continuous||AR|
|Physical Strains||Visitors: risk of muscle strain||Ensure suitable seating/positioning.
Ensure regular breaks.
|Provide appropriate seating.
|Fire||Visitors: risk of burns / smoke inhalation||Clear escape route.
Fire extinguisher on site.
|Inform visitors of evacuation plan in the event of a fire.
Keep record of visitors on site.
|Electricity||Visitors: risk of shocks||Regular equipment checks.
Removal of electrical trip hazards (as above).
|Visitor Use of Refreshments / Kitchen Area||Visitors: risk of spills and burns, hygiene risks||Keep area and crockery/ utensils clean.
Keep area free from clutter.
Store consumables appropriately.
|Medical Emergency||Visitors: risk of injury being treated inappropriately||Phone available to call emergency services at all times.||Quarterly check of First Aid kit.||AR||Continuous||AR|
All visitors to the work place will be given detailed instructions to maintain health and safety. This will include a risk assessment, regarding access and evacuation procedures. Risk assessments will be reviewed when conditions change.
For those clients attending In Person Appointments with Stronger Relationships, every effort will be made to keep the environment we use as safe as possible. Please be aware of the following:
- Trip Hazards: Access to the building is up a step, up a path that has a small incline to the Blue Garden Studio at the end of the garden. There are two steps into the Studio. There is a risk of fall, trip or slip. Please be careful. I will keep steps, pathways and work spaces clear and accessible at all times. The pathway and external steps will be kept clear of obstacles, ice and leaves. All areas will be well-lit in the dark. I will accompany you up and down the pathway if you require it.
- Physical Strains: Suitable seating is available. Feel free to move around when you need to. Breaks will be offered.
- Fire/Evacuation: The escape route is down the pathway and into the street (the same way you come in). A fire extinguisher is available to hand.
- Spills, Burns and Hygiene: Refreshments are available from the small kitchen, which will be kept clear and clean. A toilet and basin is available for your use.
- Medical Emergency: A First Aid Kit is kept on site, as is a telephone to call the Emergency Services if required.